Saturday, December 1, 2012

CRUISE CONNECTION by WENDY BROWN


Both Kelly Feldman and I have a long history with Roger and Diana. Kelly and I both work for the City of Irvine where we started our careers at a very young age. There we were mentored by our 3 “Fairy God Mothers” Diana, Stella, and Cindy. These amazing women took us both under their wings, welcomed us into their sisterhood and have been looking out for us ever since. The City is our extended family. It has truly been more than just a job for all of us. Thru the City, we have made lifelong friendships. So it has not taken much convincing for us to join the Roger and Diana celebrations. Plus who can pass up the “Roger”, “Randy” and “Russ” entertainment and Kelly loves the gambling and card games.
Many years ago, Diana was sharing with me that she was looking for a travel agent to help her plan a “Caribbean Cruise” celebration. I shared with her that my family has been using an amazing travel agent that had quickly become a friend and agent to many of our extended family members and friends. I knew from the get-go that Alex and Diana would be a match made in Heaven. 10+ years later, Alex and Ted has become a permanent fixture to the group. Alex has been responsible for planning many memories and adventures for me and my family for years. (Wild Adventures for me and my friends, Dream 25 Year Anniversary trip for my parents, and the perfect Honeymoon for my brother are just to name a few). Now I am so happy to see the memories and friendships you have all been a part of with Alex and Ted as well. My Dad always told me that he was ok with me traveling all over the world, if Alex was planning it. He always knew she would take care of me and my friends.
I have been lucky to have one of my best friends Diane join me for the “Caribbean” and “Mediterranean” adventures. Diane was not fortunate enough to get 3 weeks off from her employer to join us for “Asia”. She will be missed and I will make sure to bring her back some good stories and fun prizes.  We both had so much fun on the “Roger & Diana” trips that we made sure to bring friends to future trips. We were able to quickly sell Kelly on the “Mediterranean” trip. She is now hooked and will be my “roomie” for Asia. Kelly and I have traveled together many times over the past 15 years and I am sure that Asia will be just as action packed and adventurous. Look out “Asia”…. Here We Come!!!!!
Both Kelly and I cannot thank Roger and Diana for all of their love and support of both of us over the years. We are so blessed to have such amazing people in our lives. We are so happy to be a part of the Asia group this year. You are always guaranteed a perfectly planned vacation, lots of fun adventures and activities, and good friends. Cruising is a perfect way to see lots of amazing places while being surrounded by some of your favorite people. Plus the girls who have huge suitcases full of wardrobe changes don’t need to pack and unpack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment