Monday, August 27, 2012

INFO shared by Karen!


It seems two heads are better than one? I may not be the only one who has conflicting information from time to time. Fellow Cruiser, Karen has pointed out to me that in her cruise information with Princess, there are two different set of conflicting times.  Below is the information Karen shared with me. My recommendation is to allow the maximum of time so at least you can be sure not to miss any scheduled departure time whether it be the ship or your plane ride home. Remember, the distance between the ship’s port  and the airport is quite a lot....

Bangkok City Center to Port - 2 hours driving time
Bangkok Airport to Laem Chabang Port - 1/1/2 hours drive
Princess’ recommendation for airport to port - 3.5 hrs
Tianijin to Beijing Airport - 150 miles
Whittier to Anchorage Alaska Airport - 65 miles 

Comment below from Karen: 
“This is what I was talking about when I said Princess might have 2 different sets of times that people can arrive and depart at the embarkation and disembarkation ports. It's on the EZAir portion of the Cruise Personalizer, in the same spot you can book excursions and other services. If someone is using the EZAir option this is what they see when they click that link.

It appears that Princess shows 2 different sets of times because I see the Notification information you are quoting as well. I'm not sure they know this, but it maybe something Alex will want to verify it with them.

Or it's highly possible I'm not understanding their information correctly. Sometimes I'm a putz, as Roger would say.

One other item that I'm not sure how important it is, but Princess likes people to provide their independent flight information. I think they use that to be sure people are disembarked at the best time for them to get to their flights and that determines the color of the luggage tags they give you at the end. It may not be essential, but they do have a place to fill that out on the Cruise Personalizer as well. Following are the timelines Karen has on her Princess EZAir portion of the Cruise Personalizer."

Embarkation Bangkok Thailand
You must arrive no later than 11:59 PM on April 12, 2013 for embarkation

Disembarkation Whittier Alaska
You must depart no earlier than 03:30 PM on May 18, 2013 for disembarkation

No comments:

Post a Comment