Sunday, December 9, 2012

CRUISE CONNECTION by JOHN & LUCY




Hello Fellow Cruisers, 
We are John and Lucy Working and we live in Vacaville between the Bay Area and Sacramento in Northern California. Lucy is a retired kindergarten/second grade teacher while I'm retired after managing a college bookstore at Solano Community College and then Sacramento City College. Lucy's sister is Peggy Alby and we have taken three cruises with her and her husband, Rocky over the years. We know Diana through Peggy and met Roger a few times in Sonoma and Las Vegas. The first time I met Roger he was wearing his T-Shirt "I Buy Japanese Swords". I have a Japanese sword and thinking (hoping) it might be worth something I asked Roger to take a look. Well let's just say we are not paying for any of our cruises with the proceeds. 

Our most recent cruise was aboard Viking River Cruises. We sailed from Budapest on the Danube to Amsterdam on the Rhine. If you've not taken a river cruise we highly recommend it. There were just 145 people aboard and at each stop there was a walking/bus tour included. Viking provided a local guide with wireless head set.  We've done the Panama Canal and Alaska so I guess we're becoming "experienced cruisers". This will be our second cruise with Princess. 

My personal interest in this cruise, beside the fact that Peggy and Rocky are going, is I spent some time off the coast of Vietnam and in the Mekong River Delta during the late sixties and this seemed like a perfect opportunity to see Vietnam again under different circumstances. During that time I also visited Hong Kong and Tokyo and could not resist this opportunity to return. As a plus we get to visit other parts of China as well. Lucy and I were both history majors at San Jose State, taking numerous Asian History Classes, so it will be fun to be there. 

We are both looking forward to this trip and look forward to meeting you all. 

John and Lucy Working

No comments:

Post a Comment